Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Gold Leaf

I've heard the saying "Turn over a new leaf" for as long as I can remember. Probably came from my mother's wisdom. I don't recall ever having the thought so strongly as I do tonight. This leaf is gold. My son talks of "winning the Gold Ball"...as he is a high school basketball coach and, in winning the state tournament, the best team in a particular conference wins the "Gold Ball" at the State level for being the ultimate winner. So I'm choosing the Gold Leaf. Beginning at 1:20 this morning, I have an ultimate goal of not only turning over a new leaf, but making it one that will have significant meaning...the Gold Leaf. It is a decision and choice for me. One that will make my every moment better. It may be a difficult challenge. I'm up for that. It will be done.

No comments: