Friday, December 30, 2011

I Really Want a Dog

I DO... I r-e-a-l-l-y want a dog. Yes, I love my Swoopie cat. She's precious. She loves me and follows me EVERYWHERE. I don't want another animal to take her place. I want a dog because it would be so helpful to my spirit and I KNOW I would be helpful to a kind and loving animal. I grew up with my dad's "bird dogs"...that's what you had in the Missouri Ozarks. Bird dogs! Our dogs went hunting with my dad every fall...shoot and kill. We had bird dogs and they had quail. It all worked out that way; for my dad and his dogs. I grew up loving animals. Now, I want a dog from the Humane Society...or the Rescue Pound in Tulsa... to walk with, to brush, and feed and love. Sounds great to me. My husband does "NOT want a dog!" We may have a conflict larger than the dog.

1 comment:

clare said...

I vote for a sweet long hair daschund!