Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twas' the day before New Year's and all through the house...

Even if you're not a person who makes New Year's Resolutions, I'd dare say that there aren't many who DON'T take some time to reflect on the year past. Boy, this has been a "doozie" (for those of you who are under 40 you might want to check out the word Dousenberg/or Doozenberg/ or Dousenburg. A little spell check might be in order for me regarding names of cars. Humm?

Well, it HAS been a doozie!
I think it is interesting to speculate about the new year ahead of us. I heard the tail end of a CBS Morning Show this morning on my car radio, telling "what is in and what is out." I've always thought those things were fun. Not that I care! Just fun. (I think my brown Birkenstocks and winter socks are probably a definite OUT!)...but good for rhyming patterns for 5 year olds!

My dieting is working. It always does when I stick with it! Amazing how that works. I was in the Dr.'s office today and I'm down 5 pounds. I have another 10 to go by March 15th. Writing down everything I eat and then doing some journaling about my thoughts and feelings really does work for me. No sweets (other than the 60 calorie pudding snack) and very little "flour things." I really have my goals in my head and I know I can do this. Waiting now on some physical therapy times and then back to the Y for walking, swimming, stairstepping, etc. I know this will be the year that I get my health back on track...where I left it 40 years ago.

Happy 2009 to any visitor who happens by here. You will be one of one in the lone desert of the cold January winds!

No comments: